Time: 4-5 hours
Season: All year round
Price: 5000 RUR per person
The price includes:
- Professional guide service
- Transfer from your hotel to Sami village and back
- Tea from wild-growing herbs and a cowberry pie
- Snowmobile safari (December - April)
- Visit the shop with souvenirs
- Photos with Sami people
You will feel comfortable wearing warm clothes: hoody jacket, mittens or gloves, high winter boots. Think about having contact lenses instead of glasses for the tour. Having some cash is useful if you want to buy souvenirs.
It’s worth wearing hiking shoes or boots and have a raincoat (in case of rain). Having some cash is useful if you want to buy souvenirs.Book this tour now
- Starts at 9:00 a.m. when our guide meets you at hotel, and in 40 minutes you arrive to the small settlement of Sami on the riverbank.
- Introduction to the representative of community and seeing the sacred stone Siedi.
- Photoshoot with reindeers and feeding them with lichen.
- Visiting the winter dwelling of Sami of Vezha and summer dwelling of Kuoks.
- Shaman mystical stories, deerskins, musical instruments and bonfire are awaiting for you.
- Tea from wild-growing herbs with a piece of delicious cowberry pie.
- You will hear the story about reindeers, see the dumped horns.You can try on traditional clothes.
- Photoshoot within the authentic environment.
- Small tour to the tundra. Have a ride on a sledge behind a snowmobile (during December - April months).
- You are welcome to buy souvenirs made of cervine horns and cervine skin.
Tour price is 5000 RUR per person. Price for a larger group, please, confirm with manager.
On a visit you learn history and customs of Sami, listen to music on a jaw's harp and meditate, feed reindeers and try cowberry pie and tea with natural herbs. Sami people welcome you!
Who are Sami?
Sami (aka Lapps or Laplanders) is the indigenous people of northern Europe living in the Scandinavian countries and partially on the Kola Peninsula. In Murmansk region, the population of Sami is about 2000 people. Reindeer breeding, fishery and hunting are primary activities of Sami. In tour you learn about life, economy of Sami and hear fascinating legends of their ancestors.