Time: 4-5 hours
Season: All year round
Price: 5000 RUR per person
The price includes:
- Professional guide service
- Transfer from your hotel to Sami village and back
- Tea from wild-growing herbs and a cowberry pie
- Snowmobile mini-safari (December - April)
- Photosession with reindeers and Sami leader
You will feel comfortable wearing warm clothes: winter jacket, gloves, high winter boots. Contact lenses instead of glasses for the tour. Having some cash is useful if you want to buy some souvenirs.
Hiking shoes or boots and hoody. Having some cash is useful if you want to buy souvenirs.Book this tour now
- Our guide will meet you in a hotel (time will be agreed in advance). The program takes place in the installed Sami village for tourists and takes about 2,5-3 hours.
- Meeting with the head of the village and instructions.
- Photoshoot with reindeers and feeding them with moss.
- Visiting winter Sami house ‘Vezha'.
- Reindeer sledding and fun banana sledding with a snowmobile (December - April).
- Lunch with fishing soup and hot tea. Wearing traditional Sami clothes and pictures.
- Outdoor Sami games and fun.
- Back to Murmansk (or to another tour).
Also, you can visit another one Sami village without reindeer sledding and fishing soup, but with feeding reindeers, herbal tea and pie and shot snowmobile trip to the tundra (10 min). 2 hours program near Murmansk (40 km).
- 1-2 people - 6000/5000 RUR per person;
- 3-5 people - 5500/5000 RUR per person;
- 6 and more people - discussed individually.
Who are Sami?
Sami (or Lapi) are indigenous people of Northern Europe who live in Finland, Sweden, Norway and on the Kola Peninsula area of Russia. In the Murmansk region, the population of Sami is about 2000 people. Sami grow reindeer, use it as a transport, warm clothes and food, and sell meat and skins.
In the tour, you will learn about Saami's life and ancient legends about them. You will meet reindeers and feed them by yourself with northern grass — moss.